Dr Alison Sheridan (National Museums Scotland) and Professor Gabriel Cooney (University College Dublin) have an article, soon to be released, entitled ‘The Boyne to Brodgar initiative: understanding – and preserving, presenting and raising awareness of – Neolithic monuments and the people who built and used them in Ireland, Scotland and the Isle of Man’. It will appear in the spring 2016 edition of the Journal of Irish Archaeology but you don’t have to wait until then to discover the main research questions. The Editor of JIA, Carleton Jones, and the publisher, Nick Maxwell, have kindly given permission to reproduce part of the article here. Enjoy!
December 2015: Research Framework Created
- December 2015: Research Framework Created
- The Big Questions: How do we best present monuments and the ideas behind them to people today?
- The Big Questions: Where, how and when were monuments built, used and perceived by the people who built them and others, coming after, who re-used them?
- The Big Questions: Why did monumentality arise and why did the concept vary at different places and times?
- The Big Questions: Who built the monuments and where did they come from?
|L A Traynor on The Big Questions: How do we b…|
|Douglas Scott on The Big Questions: How do we b…|